Sustainable Lawn Care in San Antonio
Sustainable Lawn Care San Antonio
Sustainable lawn care turns your yard into a resilient and healthy green oasis that is safe for your family and the environment. We use equipment that runs on solar-powered energy and treat our lawns with organic, chemical-free fertilizers, making them safe to enjoy immediately – no need to stay off the lawn.
Sustainable Lawn Care Runs On Clean Renewable Energy
At Clean Air Lawn Care, our sustainable lawn care practices begin with micro organisms in the soil and extend all the way to our mowing methods.
We have ditched gas mowers and their noisy, carbon-emitting fumes in favor of electric equipment that is powered by the sun. To help ourselves out, we even invented some technology of our own along the way: like the system of solar panels mounted atop our work trucks which keep our electric equipment charged during the day.
Conventional Lawn Care Is Not Sustainable
Conventional lawn care is not sustainable lawn care; it is dirty, loud and resource intensive. Small gas-powered engines found on conventional lawn equipment contribute 5-10% of the nation’s air pollution.
According to the EPA, in 1 hour, 1 gas lawn mower: pollutes the same as 40 late model cars, emits the same amount of hydrocarbons (precursors to ground-level ozone) as a SUV driven 23,600 miles, and contribute 93 times more smog-forming emissions that 2006 cars.
- The average gas lawn mower runs at 100 decibels – anything over 90 decibels causes hearing damage.
- Gas lawn mowers consume 580 million gallons of gasoline annually.
- A 1000 square foot lawn generates 300 pounds of clippings annually, rapidly filling up landfills.
- Many lawn services mow at a height that burns the grass, wastes water, and promotes weed growth.
- Synthetic fertilizers and pesticides leach into waterways, create yards unfit for children & pets, and deplete the soil’s organic matter.
Sustainable Lawn Care Is Clean, Quiet And Renewable
- Electric mowers emit 3,300 times less hydrocarbons, 5,000 times less CO, one-fifth as much NOx as gas lawn mowers.
- Emissions are reduced to zero when run on renewable energy.
- Electric equipment is 50 – 70% quieter than gas-powered lawn equipment.
Our Sustainable Practices
- Our electric lawn care equipment is charged using solar panels mounted on our trucks and wind energy powering our shops.
- All grass clippings and organic matter are recycled, either on site or at a local recycling center.
- We mow at a height that maximizes water conservation and nutrient uptake.
- We offer all-natural, organic treatment programs to ensure your yard is beautiful and safe for your children, pets, & waterways.